All About



Wednesday, January 2, 2013

'My Job is to Make celebrities look stylish!'

When it comes to sartorial choices, our A-listers are anything but compromising. Meet the people who help them look spot on, every single time!

1. Archana Walavalkar
Deepika Padukone & Alia Bhatt's stylist
"When I graduated from fashion school, all I knew was that I had to be close to clothes, accessories and make-up. Luckily I realised styling was what I liked best, and stuck to it. Being a stylist, my days are so varied that it's hard to put it down in a planner. It involves everything from sourcing, running from one location to another to even skipping meals. It's a roller coaster ride, but one that I enjoy thoroughly! While Deepika is aware of her body and knows what suits her best, Alia leaves all the styling upto you. They are both open to experimenting and evolving their looks all the time and that's what I love the most.
celebs
celebs 
2. Rajat Tangri
Kangna Ranaut's stylist
"My fashion ideology is that when it comes to style, one shouldn't be scared of experimenting. However, creativity is always subject to rejection, so its best to take it in your stride. Being a trained designer, styling came to me naturally. Before coming to Mumbai, I was in Australia designing and styling for a few Hollywood and local celebrities. So when I came here, I just continued to follow my passion. The best part about styling Kangna is that she's so fashion forward. Our sensibilities match perfectly—we've had incidents when we've been out shopping together and picked the exact same outfits! She's a great person to work with. I believe Kangna is the most experimental person when it comes to fashion. Its rather commendable how she's in tune with what's happening on International runways. She doesn't stick to one mundane look...I love her fierce fashion sensibility and it's a fun process working with her.
celebs
celebs
3. Ami Patel
Priyanka chopra's stylist

"The best part about being a celebrity stylist is that you get to see your work immediately and there is instant gratification; which also leaves very little room for error. However, being the Creative Director at Harper's Bazaar, I must confess that editorial styling is my first love. I love it so much, I'd do it for free! But styling was just something I chanced upon. I always wanted to become an Art Director, and when I became one at Elle, we had to conceptualise and style our own shoots. That's how I got into the whole process. Being a celeb stylist is challenging you have a new brief to work with everytime. It could be a red carpet, a press conference or an event; and the onus of it is entirely on you. Also, because it's not a shoot, you can't cheat. Even a tiny zipper needs to be perfect. Working with Priyanka is great, because she likes to experiment. She isn't brand conscious and is open to wearing anything that suits her and is fashionable and edgy enough.celebs
celebs 
4. Tanya Ghavri
Sonam Kapoor

"All through school and halfway through college, all I dreamt about was being an architect. It's only when I went to New York for my degree in design that I discovered that there was no way I could do anything other than styling. New York does that to you. It's so high on fashion that the energy there is infectious. I think being a stylist is very interesting. And the kind of appreciation you get when you style a celebrity is unreal. It's a high! But the flip side is that you have to work insane hours and there are times in the month when I have no life of my own. Styling Sonam Kapoor is any stylist's dream in India. She lets you think for yourself and put things together effectively. She'll never be restrictive to colour or silhouettes and is much more open to experimenting than anyone else. With Kareena, she's so gorgeous that she can even make a rag bag look stunning.
celebs
celebs

No comments:

Post a Comment