All About



Friday, December 28, 2012

Nauheed’s style inspirations

Style Factor host Nauheed Cyrusi shares with you her list of celebrities, designers, shows, characters that have inspired her personal style. Is your style inspiration on the list too?
Find out. Hmmm well while I’d like to take most of the credit for my dress sense, but, well, that’s not entirely true. So here are some people/shows which have inspired me and my sense of style.

Nauheed Cyrusi


Gossip Girl
I took mega inspiration from Miss Blair Waldorf on the show. She dresses so girlie yet so chic that it’s almost too perfect. Even her hair bands and her accessories just had me sold. I almost wished I went to their school and was a part of her ratty bitchy clan just so I could dress like her.

Gossip Girl

The Kardashians  
I love the Kardashians and how every single one of them dresses. Their hair is a huge inspiration to me. I love tying my hair back tight like they do and smoky eyes are a huge yes for me too. 

The Kardashians
Sonam Kapoor  
If there’s one Bollywood star in today’s day and age I’d like to dress up like and in fact take inspiration from is Sonam Kapoor. She completely knows the trend and her effortless style that manages to always look so lovely is what inspires me. Her trousers/tights with lose long shirt like tops is what I wear often. 

Sonam Kapoor
Rihanna and Katy Perry  
As outrageous as they both are, Rihanna and Katy Perry both, wear what they feel like and make sure it looks damn good on them. I sometimes take tidbits from their dress sense and try and make it my own also keeping in mind that I live in India and one needs to be a little conservative but the ballet skirts and the corset tops are a big yes for me. Also, the bright coloured lipsticks are what I chose to wear sometimes as well.
Rihanna and Katy Perry
Madonna 
No woman born in the 80s can ever say this woman hasn’t been an influence in her dress sense, barring the conical bras and the crazy outfits, she is so glamorous when needed and yet so edgy when she wants to be and that’s what I sometimes am like too, depending on my moods I tend to go completely crazy with my outfits.
Madonna
Carrie Bradshaw  
Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City makes me want to pack a suitcase with nothing and move to New York. I wish I could wear the boots and the leggings and move around in Bombay but the night it hits 19 degrees in Bombay, you’ll see me wearing just that without a care in the world and blinkers on (incase people start laughing considering I would sweat in my boots). I will walk in them imagining I’m all the way in NYC.
Carrie  Bradshaw

Kate Middleton  
Lastly, in a real princess kind of way I absolutely love Kate Middleton and how fabulous her dresses are, in fact I don the hat with the lace and her kind of dresses all the time and wished we had more derbys so I could show off some more hats. 
Kate Middleton

These are just my current inspirations and definitely in no order cause on somedays I’m Carrie Bradshaw and others I’m none other than the Duchess of Cambridge. Film and Television personality Nauheed Cyrusi has joined the Style Factor family! She’ll bring you the latest from the world of style and fashion via the Style Factor webisodes and her blog.
Nauheed Cyrusi

No comments:

Post a Comment